SQL Compare 7.1 - Index was outside the bounds of the array

Jody_BarfordJody_Barford Posts: 4
edited October 14, 2008 10:18AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

just upgraded to SQL Compare 7.1 because it mentions decryption of SQL 2005 objects. Once installed I tested comparing 2 databases but it failed on the second database (the encrypted one) with the following error:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

This happened on the registering databases stage where it is Reading object text.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Jody

Comments

• Hi,

Thank you for your post to the forum.

We are currently investigating an issue with x64 Servers and Decrypting Encrypted objects. It seems that you are encountering this.

To make SQL Compare 7.1 complete the comparison you can turn off the Decrypt encrypted objects in SQL 2005 and 2008 databases option.

Unfortunately though your encrypted objects will then always show as different.

I apologise you are encountering this issue and will keep this post updated with any developments.

Thanks,
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Hi Matthew,

The server is running x64 version of SQL Server 2005 so this sounds exactly like the problem.

Thanks for keeping me up to date.

Many thanks,

Jody.
  • We have an internal build which addresses this issue.

Please note that this is an internal build and has not undergone our full regression testing.

We advise running it in a test environment before implementing on production systems.

Please contact support@red-gate.com to obtain this patch.

Thanks,
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry