XML Schema Collection differences discovered but not listed

hansvehansve Posts: 4
edited March 27, 2015 8:33AM in SQL Compare 11
I have two databases with XML Schema Collections. At least one of these is not identical. SQL Compare 11 lists the object as identical, yet shows the next button to navigate to the difference and it does show the difference correctly in the bottom pane.

Since there are no options to ignore XML Schema Collections, I suppose this is a bug?

Hans

Comments

• Hi Hans,

Could you send me the create scripts for the source and target objects? If you email them to support@red-gate.com and use #35872 as the email subject, I can easily find them when they arrive.

Thanks!
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Hans,

I received your scripts - thank you for sending me those.

Unfortunately the behaviour you are experiencing is the result of a bug with reference SC-5151. I've added a note in our bug tracking system. I will refer this to the developers and get back to you when I have more information.

Thanks for reporting this!
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Rob,

would you have an update on this issue?

thanks

Hans
  • Hi Hans,

As it's not a critical error, it's something that probably won't have a high priority when it comes to deciding what to work on. At the moment we don't have a timescale for fixing this bug.

Sorry.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Rob,

I disagree with this being a non-critical issue. The tool fails at its basic goal : comparing SQL Server objects and indicating differences.
    Can you please push this forward as it's kind of disappointing that it's taking such a long time to get this fixed? Especially since this has been mentioned in the forums before.

Regards

Hans