SQL Compare Doesnt Always Find Migration Scripts

ElliotRodriguezElliotRodriguez Posts: 37
edited January 13, 2015 2:27PM in SQL Compare 11
The last 2 times we have created migration scripts, they have not been picked up by SQL Compare for deployment.

We have followed the instructions in the worked example here:
http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... on+scripts

This worked if we create a migration script from a change set prior to doing the check in, all from the same machine.

In our case, we did it slightly differently twice.

The first time, I created a migration script from changes AFTER the commit had occurred, using the "Add Migration Script" button under the Migrations tab. I chose which two changes I wanted to include in the script, and while the script was created successfully and I checked it in, when I ran the actual compare the symbol indicating a migration script was tied to the object (the paper icon with the sideways chevron) did not show up.

The second time a developer created a migration script from the change set prior to checking in, and the migration script was saved to SVN, but the actual compare was done from my machine, and it did not indicate a script was present.

Both times I compared Database to Database and the correct rev number was picked up from the source db.

Why does this occur? Did I do something wrong?

Comments

• Hello Elliot,

Thanks for your query, we will follow up with you over email to resolve this issue.

Warmly,
    Andrew Pierce
    Product Support Engineer - Redgate
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software