Source Control shows empty script

rhsurhsu Posts: 10
edited November 26, 2014 11:03AM in Source Control for Oracle
We have a package body which was checked-in via Source Control without problem. When the developer removed a couple lines (an insert statement) and tried to check in, the Source Control showed empty in both source (database) and target (svn) panel thus the changes cannot be reviewed. Scripts of all other changed items are still visible and can be checked-in as usual. So, instead of deleting the lines, we decided to comment out the insert statement and now the source control can show the scripts.

Does anyone have similar problem? Or is it a bug in Source Control? Please help....

Thanks
Roger

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Roger

Thank you for your forum post.

Are you attempting to edit the scripts directly in SVN / TFS directly by-passing Source Control for Oracle? I ask this question, as Source Control for Oracle as problems parsing scripts created, edited and modified outside of our product.

A support ticket has been created for this forum post HERE. If you are not editing scripts outside of Source Control for Oracle, can you please update the support ticket with details of the steps taken, any screen shots that you think will help understand your problem and a copy of the latest Source Control for Oracle log file?
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • I don't know we can update the script (ddl object definition) in the source control. What happened is: the developer modified his package body script by removing several lines, run the script in his local dev database, when he used source control trying to check-in the change from dev database to svn, the source control showed the script was changed, but the script details were empty (both in database/right and source control/left.) Then he rolled back the change and modified the package body again. This time, instead of removing the lines, he commented out (/*...*/), re-run the script in his dev database and source control now can shows the script details.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Roger

I tried following steps your colleague took, sadly I am unable to replicate the reported problem. I created a package in by schema using SQL developer, successfully checked-in to SVN, modified the package using SQL Developer by removing some lines in the package body. Refreshed the Source Control for Oracle which identified I had a change to said package to apply. Selecting the package and reviewing the DDL, it was all there on both sides of the SQL Differences view. Checked in the change successfully. Edited the package once more by adding back the roes I previously removed.

I ran your fault symptoms passed a colleague in the Development Team, he thought it maybe a permissions error.

What version of Source Control for Oracle are you using?

What version / edition of Oracle are you using?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com