Automatic reconnect doesn't work

GoosGoos Posts: 2
edited March 12, 2015 12:02PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I am moinitoring a Testsystem that is doing continous restarts.
I use SQL Monitor Version 4.1.0.2226
Every few days monitoring stopps with "Incorrect credentials or insufficient permissions" error message.
Manual reconnect works.
I tried to set automatic reconnecting like described here http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ng+stopped but it doesnt work.

What im doing wrong?

Comments

• Thank you for your post.

There is currently a bug in the tool which I think that you have encountered. This is logged in our system as SRP-9426. I have been working with the development team and we believe that we have a viable fix for it, but we have not been able to implement this fix as yet. Unfortunately, I cannot give any timescales for when this work can happen either as the development team are not able to give me this information at the moment. It is high on the list of work though.

In the meantime there is a workaround that a number of other users have been able to implement. For scheduled or anticipated events then also schedule a restart of the SQL Monitor Base Monitor service for immediately afterwards. Unfortunately, this isn't the prettiest of workarounds and isn't much help for unscheduled events, but does work.

If you have any questions then please let me know.
  • We are affected by this and also use the same workaround to restart Base Monitor when the problems occurs. Is there any update when the fix will be available?

Regards,
    Michael
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    For anyone who may run into this issue a new version has recently been released on 18 Feb 2015 that addresses the issue. Please download version 4.1.1.35 here and see the release notes here.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?