SQLite error when running from SSMS

mika76mika76 Posts: 20
edited February 23, 2015 5:49AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
If I try initiate a compare through SSMS using source control, I get the error : "Cannot load the Backup Reader dll - Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found."

If I then open SQL Compare itself and do the same compare, it works.

Anybody know how to solve this problem?

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

The two most common causes of the error - Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found - is either a corrupt installer (or outdated integration pack), or an anti-virus programming quarantining (or completing deleting) the 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.

the first troubleshooting steps that I would like for you to try:
    • Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features, sort by "Publisher" and delete all Red Gate tools.
    • Disable any anti-virus program(s) temporarily (please let me know if you are unable to do this)
    • Download a fresh installer from our website:http://www.red-gate.com/dynamic/products/sql-development/sql-developer-bundle/download (choose the "Already a customer" option)
    • Right-click on the installer icon, and choose "Run as Administrator".
    • Go through the wizard and choose all of the tools you're entitled to (make sure you choose the "SSMS Integration Pack)
    • Lastly, try running the tool to see if it works.
    Please let me know how this works out for you.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Hi Eddie,

Nope - tried on a totally new VM installed everything from scratch - still the same problem. If I try to compare straight from SSMS I get the Sqlite error.
  • Thank you for your reply and sorry that the repair instructions did not workout for you.

I have added the details of this to a bug report whose reference is SC-6673. Can you please continue to launch SQL Compare from the Start menu outside of SSMS until we get this bug resolved.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your patience. Bug SC-6673 is now fixed in SQL Compare V11. Please use this LINK to download SQL Compare V11.1.3.30.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd