Automatically generate sql backup reports

tpagettpaget Posts: 2
edited October 22, 2008 11:48AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Is there a way to automatically generate sql backup reports from the command line? I am looking to generate a report for multiple servers on a daily basis, preferably saved in excel format, to be posted to a website. I have been searching the forums and knowledgebase but haven't come across anything yet. Is this possible?

Comments

• Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately, we do not have an API for SQL Backup so this is not currently possible. I have logged it as a feature request in our tracking system with reference SB-3575 and it will be considered for the next major release of SQL Backup (v 6.0) although we currently have no timescales for this.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Hi,

Wouldnt it be best if the report that is generated is made available to a SQL Report Server so it can be scheduled from that and then emailed/accessed as necessary? There could be a suite of reports for Red Gate products...

In the reporting GUI would it be possible to have a 'save settings' option? every day i run the reports i have to re-enter all the same details - multiple servers/choose server/choose database/choose servers ...

cheers

Senior DBA
    Careers South West Ltd
  • I agree with fatherjack although I don't know much about SQL Report Server. In 2009 I want all my IT tools to report status and KPI's to a SharePoint dashboard. This will improve efficiency to not have to look at 20 different tools each day, with a small staff it is easier to view a dashboard of information.

If the information was stored in a database table in theory we could pull the information. Better than an API would be Red Gate Web Parts!