Options

Upgrade error

garybgaryb Posts: 10
edited September 1, 2008 8:04AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade from 5.2.0.2825 to latest version on Windows 2000 SP4 server but continue to receive the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11304

Description:
Product: SQL Backup 5 -- Error 1304.Error writing to file D:\gdiplus.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.

I believe this file is actually located in the .NET2 directory on C drive so am confused?

Regards

Gary

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gary,

Are you encountering this error when trying to update the GUI or the Server Components?

If you uninstall and reinstall rather than doing an upgrade does it work?

Thanks
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    Hi Matthew,
    I will need to retry this by uninstalling 1st I guess, didnt really want to go down that broad as I have multiple backup plans that i would need to recreate.. All I was trying to do was upgrade to the latest version as detailed on the site..

Cheers

Gary
  • Options
    Gary,

All SQL Backup scheduled jobs should be retained even after an uninstall so this should not cause you too many problems.

If you have settings and templates you wish to preserve you can save the following in the registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Gate\SQL Backup\BackupSettings\<instance name>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Gate\SQL Backup\BackupSettingsGlobal\<instance name>

I hope this helps.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry