Custom comparison keys keep disappearing

ChrisBellChrisBell Posts: 4
I have a not so well designed database that I have to compare that requires a lot of custom comparison keys to be defined (800 + in 1600+ tables).
I went through and performed the comparison, saving it repeatedly as I defined the keys that were 'not set'. Everything seemed to be good.
Later, when I re-opened the comparison, most of the custom keys had reverted to a 'not set' status. Some of the other keys that I changed from the defaults to custom keys had also reset to 'not set', while some of the custom keys stayed set.
Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks

Comments

• For those comparison keys that I set as custom and use all the available fields:

1) Use the mouse to select the all the field's checkboxes, then save the data comparison project, the changes are saved.

2) If I click into the table once, not on a checkbox, do CTRL-A to select all fields, then use the spacebar to check the boxes, then save the comparison project, the changes are NOT saved.
  • Thanks for raising this. I have raised an issue (SDC-836) and this should hopefully be fixed for an upcoming release. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Thanks for the prompt reply. Great tool, in fact it is the only thing making the conversion I am working on bearable. Keep up the great work guys!