SQL Backup Database Tables

dbenoitdbenoit Posts: 10
edited June 11, 2008 2:17PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Greetings,

Is there a list available of the tables within the SQL Backup database. I know of some but I am wondering if there are others that will help in reporting for our environment.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
David

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    On the server where SQL Backup is installed, backup and restore operations ran by SQL Backup are stored in a SQL Server 2005 Compact database. The data file is named data.sdf, and is stored in this folder by default: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Data\<instance name>.

You can use SSMS to open this database. You can also use the sqbdata extended stored procedure to run queries against this database e.g.
    EXEC master..sqbdata 'SELECT * FROM backuphistory'

There are only 6 tables in this database, 3 for backups and 3 for restores. They are backuphistory, backuplog, backupfiles, restorehistory, restorelog and restorefiles.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Peter,

Thank you for the information. I did know about the extended stored procedure from another post so, I was using that. Just wondered what other information might be available to us from your db for capacity planning and reporting.

Thanks again.
    David