Options

Finally got in...

qafooqafoo Posts: 7
edited June 9, 2008 8:51PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi Just purchased a pro license must say i'm extremely impressed with the whole application.

But as always i have a few questions:
We have two servers do one QASQL1 and QASQL2 database.

At the moment i installed it on our QASQL2 (14 Databases) which holds all our paperless files. It's 180GB in size.

Since SQLBackup offers encryption and compression should i use the max compression (using midddle option now).

I backup to disk then use Retrospect to copy to Tape LTO3 which works just fine.

Our there any hints anyone could provide....i'm perusing the previous posts at the moment.

Also can i install this on our test server or is this a violation of the license agreement just wanting to make sure.

Keep up the good work
Life is plain and simple

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The level of compression to use depends on your needs. It's a balance between speed, size and how many CPU cycles you can spare. Tighter compression consumes more CPU cycles and may affect performance on your database server if ran during normal operating hours.

I believe you need a separate license for each server that you want to install SQL Backup on.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8