Jobs Stuck "In Progress"

JeffJJeffJ Posts: 7
edited March 19, 2008 11:30AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have several jobs, (differential and Transaction Log backups) that show up in the "In porgress" tab as still processing, however there is no change in any of the statistics when I run master..sqbstatus 1 and they are lised as complete in the "Activity History" tab. There is plenty of space available on the drives the backups are taking place on as well as the drives that they are being copied to.

I noticed in the documentation that I can supply mutliple "COPYTO" locations even though this option is not available in the GUI. Could copying to multiple locations be a source of the problem? It appears that the backups are correctly being copied.

Thanks!

Jeff

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please try a backup without using the COPYTO option, and check if the problem persists?

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • I was copying to 2 locations, a local server, and one at our DR Site. I first removed the COPYTO the DR Site as that connection is sometimes slow and the problem persisted. When I removed the COPYTO the local server the issue resolved itself. I can see a problem copying to the DR Site, however the local server should not be a problem. Both servers are on a 1Gbps swith and have Gigabit network cards.

On another note it would be nice when backing up multiple databases to have the option to mirror to a second location as well as split the backups into multiple files.

Thanks,

Jeff