What do you need to do after doing an In-Place SQL upgrade?

st8floorsupst8floorsup Posts: 27
edited February 21, 2008 12:01PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have sqlbackup 5 installed on a SQL 2000EE instance and will be doing an In-Place upgrade to SQL2005EE. What needs to be done to get backups to work after upgrade?

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    SQL Backup uses the same files for both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005. You should not have to change or reinstall anything after the upgrade, assuming no change in SQL Server instance names, though I would suggest restarting the SQL Backup Agent service after the upgrade.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • I tried restarting the service and it doesn't work. When I open the GUI it gives me a Connection Error: Could not load the DLL xp_sqlbackup.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified moidule could not be found.). The instance name has not changed, it is the local instance.

I dicided to reinstall it. It is working now.
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    You are right, I was mistaken. You would have needed to copy the SQL Backup extended stored procedure library (xp_sqlbackup.dll) from the previous SQL 2000 Binn folder to the new SQL 2005 Binn folder. I had assumed that an in-place upgrade meant the same Binn folder would be used.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Thanks for your reply.