Options

Refactor on SQL2008?

Just tried installing Refactor on SQL 2008 Nov CTP. Install seemed to work, but nothing is showing up in Management Studio. I am running SQL 2008 on an virtual PC so not sure if that is the issue or if it is just not supported on SQL 2008?

Tim
Denver, CO

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

At this time, SQL Refactor does not support SQL Server 2008 CTP.

We will be updating our products in the next few months so that they will be compatible with SQL Server Management Studio 2008, upon its official release.

I'm sorry that I can't offer you more of a 'concrete' answer.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    E-Mail: support@red-gate.com
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    sshannysshanny Posts: 18 Bronze 2
    I have been using your tools for a couple of years now and would like to know if you plan on enabling refactor for the 2008 CTP before the product goes to manufacturing?

We love you tools but the lag time behind long running CTP's can be a bit of a pain.

Thanks.

--sean
  • Options
    We're currently in the process of updating our tools for SQL 2008, but we're not currently certain of when we'll have a sufficiently stable Refactor version working. We're unlikely to actually release any SQL 2008 support until SQL 2008 goes to manufacturing, but we might start putting up beta versions after we've got our hands on the final CTP.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software