Options

scp Files

bcpreecebcpreece Posts: 47
edited January 13, 2009 6:43AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I noticed that the scp files are not being named correctly. I usually clone another project for each DB i compare and the names do not reflect the different DB they have the old DB name in the file name. The only way to know what DB the scp file is for is to open it up in notepad and look at the settings.

Can this be corrected?

Comments

• Options
    This is listed in our system as a requested feature - I've attached this forum thread to the issue, which will give it some additional priority.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    bcpreece wrote:
    I noticed that the scp files are not being named correctly. I usually clone another project for each DB i compare and the names do not reflect the different DB they have the old DB name in the file name. The only way to know what DB the scp file is for is to open it up in notepad and look at the settings.

Can this be corrected?
    Hi,
    In SQL Compare 8 it will be possible to save a project to a location in the file system with a user-defined name. Please give the SQL Compare 8 beta a go and let us know if this meets your expectations. It can be found here: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=8303

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software