Options

Later Versions?

bcpreecebcpreece Posts: 47
edited June 28, 2007 1:02PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I think I read in the BETA forums for Compare 6 that you are attempting to make a way for Compare to link into your code repository. Currently SSMS does a poor job of using the repository and we are anxious for something to make Database versioning simpler to do.

I know that if Red-Gate does something it will be phenomenal!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your query. If you take a look at our SQL Compare white paper, you should gain a better understanding of how you might want to structure your database development process.

http://www.red-gate.com/products/SQL_Compare/technical_papers/improved_database_development.pdf

Essentially what SQL Compare 6 Pro allows you to do is to treat a set of create script files as if it were a real database. As it stands, these can be checked into source control. It currently works well out-of-the-box when using 'CVS' source control systems, such as Subversion (edit-merge-commit). We hope to soon provide SCCI integration, which should improve it for those who use the VSS-style source control systems (checkout-edit-checkin). This would allow SQL Compare to auto-checkout the object files before it does a synchronization from the developer database to the working folder.

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software