File Browser Frustration

TimPigdenTimPigden Posts: 9
edited July 26, 2007 6:00AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
The file browser dialog in 5.0 will happily open a folder at the very bottom of the folders window and leave its contents "off the bottom" of the view - forcing you to keep scrolling down with the slider.
More helpful browsers will realise that you actually want to see the folder you've just opened and auto-scroll to fit the newly expanded section in to the visible view.
Any chance of a fix some time? I just have too many folders I guess.
Tim

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Tim

Thank you your suggestion.

I will submit a feature request to the functionality you are looking for in the File Browser dialog.

Hopefully your request will obtain approval and appear in a later version of SQL Backup.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Any chance of having this fix in this version in stead of having to purchase the next upgrade to get functionality that is default in windows?
    While your at it, any chance of making the file browser show the name of the drive and not just the drive letter, when you've got servers with multiple drives its differcult to remember what they contain, naming them ie Logs, Backup etc, helps, also a date created field in the file list would be useful, in fact why not use the windows file browser?

Cheers
    There are only 10 types of people, those who get binary jokes and those who dont.