Options

[FR] Cachement management Exclude databases

PowlinPowlin Posts: 42 Bronze 3
edited May 11, 2010 11:28AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I would be great to add an option to exclude database from automatic caching, if you want the automatic refresh on small database and manual on the large one

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your suggestion.

Just to confirm your feature request.

You wish the ability to set the 'Refresh the cache automatically' on a per database basis.

Replacing the current automatic method via the check box 'Refresh the cache automatically' which applies this action to all databases if checked?

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Hi,

That's correct

Thanks
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your suggestion, I have submitted the feature request to set the 'Refresh the cache automatically' on a per database basis.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Did this feature request get lost? SQL Prompt still lacks the ability to not cache certain databases, and I have two servers where I absolutely must turn off SQL Prompt before connecting because its attempts to cache crash not just SQL Prompt but SSMS itself.

To add insult to injury, turning off SQL Prompt once it's started caching does not stop the caching process. It continues to iterate through databases, caching and caching until it crashes.
  • Options
    I thing they changed the way SQL Prompt cache the database in SQL Prompt 4, it's now really faster than SQL Prompt 3 and they is no cache management anymore.