Issue with Summarised Script

dineshasankadineshasanka Posts: 208
edited May 29, 2007 12:40PM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
I really like the feature of summarised script. However, there is a small problem with it.

I need to go to the Management studiio when summarised script screen appears. currently you have to close the summarised sript and go to the management studio screen

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately the behaviour you have described is currently the way the Summarised Script feature operates.

Can you please post a reply to this post, to explain exactly the behaviour you would like to see when using the Summarised Script feature.

I will then submit a feature request to modify the operation of the Summarised Script feature.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support Engineer
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks fo the reply.

What I want is to ability to go to the SQL Server Management studio (SSMS) page, without closing summrised page in refacttor.

This is very much need when I have a long code. when you click the summiresd page section, you can't see the entire section hightligted by the summarised option.
    For that you need to close that page. then you will loose the highligting. for this you should have the option of miving to SSMS, wihtout closing summarise page
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your reply with the requested information.

I will now submit a feature request to have the ability to switch to SSMS without closing the summarised page when using SQL Refactor.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support Engineer
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • good would like to see this feature in the sql re-factor