Enhancement Request

bcpreecebcpreece Posts: 47
I would be nice if the lay out sql would also layout comments as well. Currently it ignores anything that is a comment in the code. I would like it to be able to line up the comment with the next line of code.

Comments

• GaryJFGaryJF Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    I must agree bcpreece. Probably the single most glaring omission from Refactor is in the handling of comments.

Refactor has many good features, but laying out code is the biggest selling point. Therefore, the ability to line up comments is critical. For some reason, comments seem to be skipped over in some of the tools here. For example, in SQL Docs, when showing the script, the tabs in my commented header text are replaced with spaces (a single space for each tab), which makes the header look like it written by someone having a fit :)

It also needs to have a lot more options for the layout of code and it should aim to at LEAST be able to recreate the code in the format that Microsoft themselves use (just look at the examples in the help files). A lot of companies who are clients of mine use this format.
    The client doesn't know what he wants, until he doesn't get it!
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you bcpreece and GaryJF for your posts into the forum.

We at Red Gate like to receive feedback, be it good or bad regarding our products.

I will submitt your request and hopefully this feature will appear in a future version of SQL Refactor.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support Engineer
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com