Uppercased Comments

jlspublicjlspublic Posts: 4
edited February 1, 2007 11:06AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
When Case Settings is set to "Force UPPERCASE" keywords are uppercased when I type comments. Is there some way to get this function to leave comments alone?

Comments

• Hi,

It shouldn't be doing that. Can you give me an example where this is happening? Also what editor are you using?

Regards,

Tilman
  • I'm using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and, after further experimentation, I've determined that the problem only occurs if I create a block comment inside a CREATE PROCEDURE method like this:

CREATE PROCEDURE Bob
    AS
    BEGIN
    /*
    JOIN us IN celebration OF this discovery.
    */
    END

As you can see from the way that SQL Prompt capitalized the SQL keywords in the comment I typed, it doesn't recognize that that line is a comment. For now, I am working around this by pre-pending the "--" comment tag to the comment lines which gets SQL Prompt to leave them alone.
  • Hi again,

Yup, that's a bug. Thanks for reporting it and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Tilman
  • Thanks for looking into this.

I also want to thank you for your prompt and frank acknowledgment that this is a bug. Too often I find that component/tool vendors go out of their way to sweep these types of problems under the rug. It's refreshing to have someone take responsibility and communicate with users openly, like professionals.

-JLS