Changes to Backup Alerts won't save

Jason HannasJason Hannas Posts: 41 Bronze 3
edited December 21, 2006 11:33AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hello,

I have version 4.6.0.815 on the server, the GUI on both the server and workstation. If I make changes to any of the option tabs (Email, Log Deletion, etc.) on either machine, the changes show on the other's GUI as well--no problem. Except the Backup Alerts tab. My workstation GUI does not reflect any changes made on the server, nor can I save any changes from the workstation.

I connect via SQL Authentication from the workstation, and Windows Authentication from the server, if that helps. I've been unable to find where the backup alert settings are stored--the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Red Gate\SQL Backup\BackupSettingsGlobal\<INSTANCE> doesn't contain any values for Backup Alerts.

Does anyone know where those are stored? Or has anyone else had this same problem?

Jason

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The Backup Alerts values are user-specific, so it is stored only on the workstation where the GUI is running, under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Registered Servers\<group name>

It's part of the encoded data that you see for each server value.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Ok...thanks for the response. I still don't know why the changes wouldn't save, but after rebooting, now it works--maybe some kind of goofiness with the write permissions on that registry key or something....

Thanks,
    Jason