Options

Database Registeration issue having Single Inverted Comma

saurabhsaurabh Posts: 2
edited December 4, 2006 8:43AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

I have a license version of the Redgate 5.0 and we are using the Redgate API's for our databases synchronization. I am facing a problem while updating one particular type of databases. We have some databases whose name have single inverted comma values likes Test'sDec03_DB04. So when redgate starts registering this database then we get an error

":Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'sDec03_DB04'.
Unclosed quotation mark before the character string ''

Is there any resolution to this issue?

Can we create and registered a database with single inverted comma as mentioned above using Redgate Compare 5.0?

Hope to get a immediate response as I am stuck.

Thanks - Saurabh

Comments

• Options
    saurabh wrote:
    Hi,

I have a license version of the Redgate 5.0 and we are using the Redgate API's for our databases synchronization. I am facing a problem while updating one particular type of databases. We have some databases whose name have single inverted comma values likes Test'sDec03_DB04. So when redgate starts registering this database then we get an error

":Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'sDec03_DB04'.
    Unclosed quotation mark before the character string ''

Is there any resolution to this issue?

Can we create and registered a database with single inverted comma as mentioned above using Redgate Compare 5.0?

Hope to get a immediate response as I am stuck.

Thanks - Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

this is a valid point, and in the current version there is no workaround. I've fixed this issue in SQL Compare, and this fix will be available in the next point release (shortly).

Kind regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.