Options

Replication on SQLSERVER2000

babayemibabayemi Posts: 2
edited October 6, 2006 11:07AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I set up merge replication between 2 Machines, the first Machine runs SQLServer2000 Enterprise Edition on Win2k3 Server while the 2nd runs SQLServer2000 Personal Edition on WinXP. After the set up, my publisher process failed to run at the scheduled time and it gives this error message

:(Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'Database_name'. No
entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.
(Source: Machine_Name (Data source); Error number: 911))

The status of the publication process is DEACTIVATED

Can anybody offer a helpful advice?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    I have performed my own look up for Error 911 and books on-line returns the following:

Error 911
    Severity Level 16
    Message Text
    Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database '%.*ls'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.

Explanation
    This error occurs when attempting to change database context (with a USE statement) to a database that does not exist, or when the default database established for a login does not exist. In the latter case, the user login then attempts to access the master database.

Action
    To obtain a list of databases, execute sp_helpdb or issuing this query:

SELECT name
    FROM master..sysdatabases

The list returned will contain the databases that exist on the Microsoft® SQL Serverâ„¢ installation. Either create a missing database or connect to an existing one. To correct login-level errors, it may be necessary to execute sp_defaultdb.

I hope the above is of some help to you. If you need further advice you may want to post your question to other forums on general SQL Server usage, for example www.sqlmag.com or www.sqlservercentral.com as opposed to a forum created on the use of Red Gate SQL Tools.

Are there any other users who can supply further information to help babayemi.
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com