Options

Scheduled tasks

tomtom Posts: 5
edited September 4, 2006 12:00PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I've got two questions :

- First, how can i delete a scheduled task, seems i can only create a new one, or modify it ?

- Secondly, i've got severals schedules working on a few server, but one of them is not working, they are no log for the shcedule task, the manualy backup task works perfectly, and when i execute the script of the schedule task, it works perfectly too .... how can fix this ?

Thanks for your answers

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    You can't delete the scheduled task using the SQL Backup GUI. You can either use Enterprise Manager (for SQL 2000) or SSMS (for SQL 2005), or the sp_delete_job stored procedure.

What is the error that is raised for the scheduled backup that failed? Given the scenario, I would check that the SQL Server Agent service startup user has the necessary rights to the paths where you are creating the backup files in, and also that the job owner has the SQL Server sysadmin fixed server role assigned.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    I knew that i had to used the sql manager, but can't find where these jobs are stored, and can't find either the sp_delete_job procedure ... :(

For the schedules task, no error is raised, no log, no erros in the event viewer, nothing. Looks like the task doesn't eaven launch. But when i use the script of this task directly in the sql manager, it works perfectly .....
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    In Enterprise Manager, look under Management > SQL Server Agent > Jobs. Your backup job should be listed there. If using SQL Server Management Studio, look under SQL Server Agent > Jobs (IIRC).

Re the scheduled job that failed, you mentioned that if you ran the job manually via SQL Server Agent, it ran successfully? Could you pls check that both the job and job step are enabled?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    thanks, i found the jobs.

When i said that i launch the job manually i used the script generated by the GUI and pasted it in the requete analyzer. But i just launch it with the sql agent and it works too. The job and job steps are activated. I re-actualised the schedule using sql agent, i'll check tomorow if it's ok