Options

URGENT: SQL Backup Agent startup error

pokhreapokhrea Posts: 19
edited September 7, 2006 7:59PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

My script from Redgate was not sending emails so I restarted the service and now getting all sorts of errors starting the service. My sql service is started using local system and agent and redgate start with a domain user.
I have tried using 2 different domain accounts but still the same error as below
SQL Backup Agent startup error: error initialising IPC objects. Error creating mutex (already exists): Global\SQBMutex_

The SQL Backup Agent service terminated with service-specific error 5000 (0x1388).

One of the users i was trying to start had a different error

SQL Backup Agent startup error: error initialising IPC objects. Error creating mutex: Access is denied

This is my production server so cant stop the service please help ASAP as backups are not running

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Pls see private message.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    I am also getting this error. Could you be so kind to share the solution? Thank you, Jason
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    What I suggested was to download Process Explorer from sysinternals, to find out who owns SQBMutex_. By them, the user was eventually able to restart the service, which implied that the object was somehow orphaned (perhaps due to an incorrect shutdown) and Windows had eventually cleaned it up.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8