SQL Compare command-line and reactivation

eipeip Posts: 3
edited July 20, 2006 9:21AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi there,

I am having a licensing issue on SQL Compare when I use the command-line tool (sqlCompare.exe), but the GUI-version works fine. Does the two require seperate licensing?

When I run from command-line, I get a pop-up asking for reactivation. After I follow all the steps (i.e. activate over internet, and enter serial#), it gives me a successful message. But the 'OK' button in the pop-up remains grey and the issue remains.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ed

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Ed,

Apparently you're not the only one. There is a similar problem in the Toolkit forum. I'll try to get more information from the other person and get back to you.
  • Hi Ed,

we have changed the licensing for the command lines a bit. They used to be part of the SQL Toolkit, and now they are part of SQL Compare Pro, as opposed to SQL Compare Standard. So my guess is that you have a SQL Compare Standard license. If you used to have a Toolkit license to use the command lines, get in contact with sales@red-gate.com and they should give you a Pro license.

(And yes, it is not ideal that in one place it says 'activation successful' when it wasn't.)

Regards,

Tilman
  • Thanks for the info. At least now I know I was not going crazy.

I will sort out the licensing with sales. Thx.
This discussion has been closed.