Installed RG. Rest. test DB. error Failed to read header

davidwdavidw Posts: 6
edited June 2, 2006 6:08AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
We just bought read-gate Backup and installed it on one of our servers. But when testing a restore of a test database (empty new database in SQL2000) after entering the password and clicking on next we get an error message 'Failed to read header'
:?

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you pls run the following in Query Analyzer or SQL Server Management Studio and check if there is any output:

exec master..sqlbackup '-sql "RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM DISK = [<backup file name>] " '
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Hi Petey

Thanks allot for your reply.I found out what was the problem. We use passwords with spaces on our servers. I thought i would use the similar passwords to protect the database with. I used a password with no spaces and things work as normal. Really happy with the product :D

Cheers
    David
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Strange, but you should be able to use a password with spaces in it, to encrypt the backup, and use the same password to perform the restore.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8