Keep replication settings with SQL Backup

ruancraruancra Posts: 4
edited August 18, 2014 7:58PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi

Is it possible to preserve replication setting when backing up a database using SQL backup?

Currenty when we make a full backup of a Subcriber database, the replication procedures are not restored.

Using SQL Backup version: 7.4.0.23

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please create an empty subscriber database, back it up using SQL Server, restore it, and check if the replication settings exist in the restored database? Repeat the same tasks, but using SQL Backup to back up and restore the database. Do the replication settings exist in the restored database?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Hi

Did exactly that. Created a empty subscriber database, created replication to that database, backed up with normal SQL, restored and the replication procedures was there. (When restored I checked the option "PRESERVE REPLICATION SETTINGS", I don't see this option when restoring with Redgate.)

Then backup up and restored the same database with Redgate SQL backup and the procedures were not there.
    Can you try restoring the database using the SQL Backup extended stored procedure, using the KEEP_REPLICATION option e.g.
    EXEC master..sqlbackup '-sql "RESTORE DATABASE test FROM DISK = [g:\backups\test.sqb] WITH REPLACE, KEEP_REPLICATION" '

Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • I restored using the extended stored procedure with WITH REPLACE, KEEP_REPLICATION' and the procedures were present.

Where is the option in the UI to keep replication settings?
    That option isn't available in the GUI. You will need to restore the database using the extended stored procedure manually with the KEEP_REPLICATION option.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software