Version 3.6.8.222 OutOfMemory Exceptions

dcolburndcolburn Posts: 4
I recently updated to version 3.6.8.222 and now source control is no longer usable, I get an OutOfMemoryException on the commit tab before it finishes step 3/4 - registering the database.

I have the filter options set to only check stored procedures. Computer has 16GB of ram, plenty of hard drive space.

I understand the limitations of the 32bit SSMS process, however the previous version of source control was able to at least process the databases tables and stored procedures so I could commit my changes.

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for your post, and sorry you're running into this.

We're looking into this now, and I can see one of the error reports you sent in to us in our system.

If you could continue to send those (unless you've reverted to an old version of course!) it would be useful. In addition, could you increase your log level to the maximum temporarily?

To do this, locate the file "RedGate_SQLSourceControl_Engine_EngineOptions.xml" - it'll be in c:\users\<your username>\appdata\local\red gate\sql source control 3

If you edit the file in Notepad (ensure SSMS is closed) and add this line:

<LogLevel>All</LogLevel>

In between the EngineOptions tags so it looks similar to the below:
    &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?&gt;
    &lt;!----&gt;
    &lt;EngineOptions version="3" type="EngineOptions"&gt;
      &lt;DefaultTraceMinimumInterQueryTimeInMillis&gt;3000&lt;/DefaultTraceMinimumInterQueryTimeInMillis&gt;
      &lt;LogLevel&gt;All&lt;/LogLevel&gt;
    &lt;/EngineOptions&gt;

If you can also let us know if you've got any data in Source Control that would be useful (I know you mentioned you're filtering to just stored procedures, but filtering occurs later in the process rather than completely ignoring all other objects)
    Out of interest, how many sprocs do you have?

Thanks!
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Hi James,

I actually did revert to an older version so I could get a few changes checked in, but I'll re-update and turn up the logging and get that to you in a bit.

I don't have any static data in SVN, but I have 21 Assemblies, 990 Functions, 7391 Stored Procedures, 1983 tables, 2196 types, and 1624 views.
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for that - don't worry too much on updating if it's a hassle. We've made a little headway here today and we've got some good leads on why this might be happening (the coincidence being the large number of stored procedures)
    We're continuing to actively work on this, as a few people have hit it recently, so hopefully we'll get a fix out soon.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software