Getting error while trying to synchronize binary data

jonathanmgjonathanmg Posts: 4
edited June 3, 2014 2:27PM in MySQL Data Compare
Hello,
I'm having issue when I'm trying to synchronize my data from my preview environment to my testing environment.

Our primary key are BINARY(16) and are UUID. We have some other fields but I'm not sure that's relevant. When I'm trying to synchronize the data (import the data from an environment to another), I'm getting this error :

Bug report generated at 2014-05-28 11:59:31
Program version 1.0.0.473
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: . ---> System.InvalidCastException: Impossible to cast an obect from type 'Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlBlob' to type 'Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlText'.
at #akmb.#ekmb.#bBmb(IComparable value, #Kkmb datatype)
at #akmb.#ekmb.#ktmb(IComparable value, #Kkmb datatype)
at #2jmb.#aNX.#9eC(#Dkmb statements, #my2 action, #Lzg direction)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
à System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at #2jmb.#3jmb.#um()
at #5jmb.#4jmb.#t.#n2Y.#IhE()
at RedGate.Shared.Controls.ProgressDialogEx.e()

Is there anything I'm doing wrong ? I could always drop the table and do a backup restore of the data I want to keep, but it worry me that it's not working.

Regards,
Jonathan

Comments

• After continuing to troubleshoot the problem, I have validated that it's NOT related to the BINARY(16) id, but rather to a TEXT field we have.

If I remove the two TEXT fields from the compare the compare work, however I do not understand why MySQL Data Compare see the TEXT field as a BLOB (as mentionned in the error message).
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

For this table, are the schemas identical? You can check this using MySQL Compare.

I suspect that the column in the source database is using a BLOB data type and the target is using the TEXT data type. The Devart components used by MySQL Data Compare cannot cast data from a MySQLBlob to MySQLText and hence the deployment fails.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • I used MySQL Compare to make sure, but both table were identical (TEXT), we managed to make it work, but we had to convert both TEXT field to VARCHAR(65,534) and it worked.