restore database status still in progress after failure

normpangnormpang Posts: 3
edited May 14, 2014 7:29AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
after a failed restore, I can see status of the restore of the database to be still active in the "In Progress" tab.

How do I remove this status?

I'm using SQL Backup 7.6.0.26 on a 2008 R2 database.
[/img]

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

I suspect it is nothing to worry about, as the GUI ->In Progress Tab is slow to update and clear when a job completes. Also it is not an accurate way of checking if a task is still running.

If you close the GUI and re-open after a couple of seconds, is the Failed restore still displayed in the In-Progress tab?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • thanks Eddie but the status is 0 B processed, with an action of Restore. The green circle is spinning.

I've restarted the GUI a few times.

Is there a way of removikng this status?
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your reply.

Can you please run the following query on the restoring server to ensure that a restore task is actually running:
    USE master
    GO
    EXECUTE Master..sqbstatus 1
    GO

If no backup or restore task is running, zero results are returned. The entry in the GUI is false. Normally closing and reopening the GUI resolves the problem.

If a set of results are returned, this indicates that there is a restore process running. The results will include database name, login used, process - B = backup and R = restore, type, compression, encryption. The columns of interest are Processed (bytes), Compressed (bytes) and start_date.

If you repeat the query 2 or 3 times does the processed (bytes) value increase?

If the restore process is running, please run the following two queries and save a copy of the results.

USE master
    GO
    EXECUTE master..sqbutility 9997
    GO

This function will provide a debugging trace of the current execution process in the SQL Backup engine.

Executing sqbutility 9997 will return a NULL value and generate a file in the named directory for the corresponding SQL Backup Agent (eg by default, C:\Program files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\%instance%, called "SQBCoreService_bugreport.txt"
    USE master
    GO
    EXECUTE sp_who2
    GO

Executing sp_who2 will return a list of the current processes in the SQL Server engine. Please save a copy of the results.

A support call has been created for you and is available using this LINK. If you have not already done so, you will need to create a redgate ID to view and update the support call. Please update the call with sp_who2 results and the SQBCoreService_<instance name>_bugreport.txt file.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com