Full silent install

gaelgael Posts: 20
edited March 6, 2008 6:44AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

what are switches to install SQBserversetup in full silent? (with install directory, name of instance, user...

Thanks

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    SQBServerSetup /verysilent /sqbminimal /i <instance name> /svcuser <user name> /svcpw <password> /sqluser <user name> /sqlpw <password> /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

svcuser = startup user account for service app.
    sqluser = SQL authentication user for service app

This will install the server components into the Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\<instance name> folder.

If you run SQBServerSetup without the /sqbminimal switch, the server components will be installed into a subfolder under the current folder where SQBServerSetup resides.

There isn't a switch to explicitly name the installation folder.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • excellent :)

thanks
  • And how can I define Built-in account for SQLBackup Agent service and windows authentification for sql?

thanks
    And how can I define Built-in account for SQLBackup Agent service
    E.g. sqbserversetup /verysilent /sqbminimal /suppressmsgboxes /svcuser .\LocalSystem
    and windows authentification for sql?
    Omit the sqluser and sqlpw switches.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • thanks petey :)
  • Hi,

If there is only one instance of SQL server running, will I need to still provide the instance name? Can I omit the switch and will it still install successfully?

Thanks!
    Yes, you need to provide the instance name if you are installing to a named instance. If it is the default instance, you can omit the /i parameter and value.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software