IIS Deployment

paraggadkariparaggadkari Posts: 21
edited December 3, 2013 3:06PM in Deployment Manager
Is it possible to deploy in following manner using RedGateWebSiteName?

IIS (7)
- Sites
- Default Web Site
- {Group name virtual directory}
- Web Application

Comments

• Thanks for your post. Assuming you mean something like this:

33xuj37.png

Then yes - in this case, the variable in Deployment Manager could be set as per the below:

ap9rio.png
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Yes this is what I mean but instead of creating a new web-site I am trying to add to "Default Web Site".

Here is what I have from the logs:

2013-11-05 08:55:04 -05:00 INFO Updating IIS website Default Web Site (virtual directory: vdir/myapp). You can use the RedGateWebSiteName project variable to override an IIS site name. If you don't specify the variable, the package name is used.
    2013-11-05 08:55:04 -05:00 WARN Could not find IIS website Default Web Site (virtual directory: vdir/myapp) on the local machine. You can use the RedGateWebSiteName project variable to override an IIS site name or specify a virtual directory. If you don't specify the variable, the package name is used.
    2013-11-05 08:55:04 -05:00 INFO The website Default Web Site (virtual directory: vdir/myapp) has been created on port 8080. You can use the RedGateCreateWebSiteOnPort project variable to specify the port number when creating a new IIS website.

There isn't any new binding created not can I find the virtual directory.
  • It sounds like it should have created it - we'd probably need to see some screenshots of what's now in IIS

Redgate Software

• This is weird. I can browse to the URL, see the newly created application pool and I can see the applications as part of the pool. However, the application (or vdir) doesn't show up under Default Web Site.
  • Did you try forcing a refresh of the tree in IIS manager? Changes don't appear unless you right click and force it to refresh.

Redgate Software

• Did you try forcing a refresh of the tree in IIS manager? Changes don't appear unless you right click and force it to refresh.

Yes sir, I did the refresh. I think it has to do something with the Virtual directory. The virtual directory doesn't show up on IIS and my guess is because it is either setting the physical path to null or empty. If I manually add the virtual directory post deployment the applications automagically appear under the v-dir.
  • OK - so to confirm, you're trying to get it to create all this from scratch, rather than update an existing vdir/application? If so, that's probably the difference from the test I ran originally. Let me know and I'll do more testing.

Redgate Software

• i am publish the service on server using Deployment Manager and it is successfully deployed on server, but the path is incorrect, it published service not under Default Web site .

1p8h1v.jpg

Can u please tell me that how to deployed service under Default Website using Deployement Manager.
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • Can you post how all your variables are configured please?

Redgate Software

• thnxs ,... i have done the issue. now all services are come under Default Web site..
    Thanks
    Sandeep Gupta
  • OK - so to confirm, you're trying to get it to create all this from scratch, rather than update an existing vdir/application? If so, that's probably the difference from the test I ran originally. Let me know and I'll do more testing.

This is exactly what I am trying to do.

Regards,
    PG
  • OK, so it looks like you can specify the site or a site/vdir, but not then the application name under that - at least for creation.

So if you set the variable as "site/vdir" then we'll create the application as vdir under the default website.
    It looks like you can't use all three parts "site/vdir/app"

Redgate Software