Options

Partial Restore of Filegroups

LarryVBLarryVB Posts: 2
edited November 4, 2013 9:25PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When using Red-Gate filegroup (partial) restores, are the tables in filegroups that are NOT restored still listed in SSMS - even though they are not restored and have no data?

I am trying to prove the process of initializing transactional replication from a backup/restore process and do not want the non-replicated tables showing up on my subscriber.

I have put all my replicated tables in specific filegroups, backed up by filegroups and restored only the filegroups of replicated tables, but the non-replicated tables also show up - the process I have been using is outside of the Red-Gate tool.

So, I need to know if after using Red-Gate for this purpose if the non-replicated tables would still showup on my subscriber. I currently do not have Red-Gate SQL Backup with which to test.

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    If the non-replicated tables show up in SSMS using native SQL Server backup and restore tools, then you would get the same results using SQL Backup.

Perhaps you could obtain the results you want using Red Gate's data synchronization tools i.e. SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8