Centrally store all server information

maddavemaddave Posts: 28
edited May 13, 2013 3:53AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have recently installed the backup pro 7 gui on my local pc and have been using it to set up all the backup jobs and view all the information for my servers. I need to install the gui on a central server to allow other team members to be able to manage the backup jobs and restore jobs etc.

Having installed the gui on the new server, I notice I have to manually add all the servers again into the gui. Is there a quick way to export my server list from my laptop to the server? I copied the activity cache files to the server but this hasn't worked.

Thanks.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

The GUI is configured per user on each machine.

The file that contains the information regarding the servers you have added to the GUI is located in this path:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Red Gate\SQL BackupThe file is called "Servers.dat". If you copy this file from your local PC to the central server and paste into each users profile, you and colleagues will be able to share the original setup.

If you or a colleague makes a change on the central server to their version of GUI, this change will not be replicated to the other users "Servers.dat" file.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com