Error when running data compare against SQL Azure

bouldererboulderer Posts: 4
When I data compare 2 databases using the command line tool, I get an error code of 126 and this message.

Registering databases
Error: property_list_id

I'm using SQL Azure and It's only failing against one of my DBs. Thanks -Joe

Any ideas? -Joe

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi boulderer

Thank you for your post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

The command line exit code of 126 indicates that a SQL Error has occurred. Unfortunately there is insufficient information to accurately identify the cause. Can you please add this switch to your command line syntax:
    /logLevel:Verbose

This will create a log containing information about our application while you are using it. By default the log files are located in this path:
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\Logs

A support call has been created for you, the call reference is F0071091. Once you have generated the log file, please send and e-mail to support@red-gate.com with the log file attached and the above call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail. Hopefully the log file will help us identify the cause of your problem.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Eddy thanks for the reply. I'm going to start a support ticket. However, I can't find the path you gave me in my filesystem (win server 2008)
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\Logs

• Eddy, I updated to the newest version of RGDC and the error went away! It's weird because the original version I was using was only a couple weeks old. -Joe