Options

HIGH: Unsupported datatypes

ArrJayArrJay Posts: 3
Hi all - I am currently in the process of setting up Source Control. Everything seemed to be going well until we decided to test the process with a live production update.

The staging database that we are committing changes from is an exact copy of the production database, i.e. the staging database was restored from the production database's backup...and no changes have occurred on the production database since the last backup.

We added a single bit field to our table, committed the change to Subversion and attempted to commit the change through Source Control.

We received the following error message -

High:Unsupported datatype
Severity: High
Object: SupplierVenue
Title: The type Date on object [dbo].[SupplierVenue].[DateCreated] is not supported in the target database version.

There was no change to this table, I have looked in sys.object to confirm the modified date and the last update was over two months ago.

Why would Source Control identify an unsupported datatype when I'm not committing a Date field change and there has been no changes to the SupplierVenue table.

Kind regards, Russell.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there - Through further investigation, I have identified that my staging server is running a different version of SQL to production.
    Is there a known issue when committing updates from SQL2008 to SQL2008 R2?
    What is puzzling me is the fact that Source Control only identified two date fields that are not support however there are loads of date fields within the database....

Any response would be helpful on this.....

Regards, Russell.
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

A support call has bee created for you, the call reference is F0066642.

Can you please please send an e-mail to support@red-gate.com and include the creation script for the 'SupplierVenue' table? Also please attach a copy of the SQL Source Control log file for when this problem occurred? By default you the log files are located in this folder?:
    C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\red gate\Logs\SQL Source Control 3

Please include the above call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com