Redgate Source control

We have purchased SSC(Version 3) and have utilized in the past without any issues.

For the past 1 week, when I try to link to subversion repository for a db, I am getting the following error:

An error has occurred, (X)linking database to source control.
Report of '/svn/Playground/!svn/vcc/default': Could not be read response body: An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host.

Please help!!

Regards,
Venkat.

Comments

• That sounds like the network connection to your SVN repository being lost - can you connect to it with other applications? Is this error intermittent or persistent?
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • The error is happening consistently. It is happening only with this database(Large Schema and DB Objects). We did not have any problem with connectivity for a smaller Database(Schema-wise).
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Hi, we had a message to call you - I just got your voicemail though.

It may be better to mail in your queries so we can research them if necessary, but the error you're seeing is 99% a configuration issue on your network or SVN server. Here's another example: link - as you'll see, unrelated to SQL Source Control.

It may well be that this DB has some larger objects that are triggering a firewall or router to drop the connection; but that's purely a guess. I'd suggest starting by getting your SVN admin to check logs for any clues as to why the connection is dropped.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software