Options

xp_sqlbackup.dll reports Access violation

tpirkle1tpirkle1 Posts: 3 Bronze 2
edited November 30, 2005 9:01AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
The following script fails repeatedly in SQL Query Analyzer. I plan to script a SQL backup job for more than 200 client databases if I can get this tool working. I was able to get it working with one database, so I scripted jobs similar to the following for each client database. What am I doing wrong?

master..sqlbackup '-SQL "BACKUP DATABASE [TEST_DB] TO DISK = ''E:\BACKUPS\TEST_DB.sqb'' WITH NAME = ''Database (TEST_DB)'', DESCRIPTION = ''TEST_DB'', INIT, VERIFY, COMPRESSION = 1" -U sa -P <LOGINPASSWORD>XXXXXXXXXX</LOGINPASSWORD>'

Results in Query Analyzer:
ODBC: Msg 0, Level 10, State 1
Execute interrupted by exception: Access violation at address 09262140 in module 'xp_sqlbackup.dll'. Write of address 00015010

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you pls try running the command in Query Analyzer, but start from a basic command e.g

master..sqlbackup '-SQL "BACKUP DATABASE [TEST_DB] TO DISK = ''E:\BACKUPS\TEST_DB.sqb'' WITH INIT, COMPRESSION = 1" -U sa -P <actual password>

then add on the other options until it fails? Let us know at which point it fails. Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    I ran the following script in Query Analyzer and got the following error. I'm able to backup ALL of my client databases using the command line utility. I created a batch file and put them all in there and it works fine. I'd rather use a SQL job, but at least it's working for me.

master..sqlbackup '-SQL "BACKUP DATABASE [TEST_DB] TO DISK = ''E:\TEST_DB.sqb'' WITH INIT, COMPRESSION = 1" -U sa -P PASSWORD'

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 10, State 1
    Execute interrupted by exception: Access violation at address 09261E1B in module 'xp_sqlbackup.dll'. Read of address 00015000