Commit problem with TFS

mmJPMmmJPM Posts: 7
I'm having a problem setting up Source Control v2.2 with Team Foundation Server 2010. After linking a database, when I try to commit the changes for the first time, I get an error that the underlying connection was closed. If I try to commit a small number of changes (3 - 5 files), it works fine.

Here is the Event Viewer output:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SQL Source Control 2
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32
Date: 12/6/2011
Time: 9:28:41 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
ng.ErrorReporterBase
ProgressTask:Not reporting error
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.VersionControlException: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 2\WorkingBases\rapm2klt.pyq\Functions\contacts.ufn_Implode_PrimaryAddress.sql: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.FileUploader.UploadChunk(FileStream fileContentStream, Int64 end)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.UploadChanges(IEnumerable`1 changes, OnProcessingChangeDelegate onPendingMethod)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.CheckInInternal(WorkspaceCheckInParameters parameters)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.CheckIn(WorkspaceCheckInParameters checkinParameters)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.CheckIn(PendingChange[] changes, String comment, CheckinNote checkinNote, WorkItemCheckinInfo[] workItemChanges, PolicyOverrideInfo policyOverride)
at #oLi.#L8x.#t.#EMd.#t.#O3c.#bQv()
at #oLi.#fqi.#GHi(Action , VersionControlServer )
at #oLi.#fqi.#t.#A2.#gqi()
at #oLi.#uRi.#LBf(#ovB , Action )
at #oLi.#uRi.#LBf(VersionControlServer , Action )
at #oLi.#fqi.#Ipg(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , Action , TfsLocation , ICredentialsStore , #Fqi , VersionControlServer , Object )
at #oLi.#L8x.#Ipg(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , Action )
at #oLi.#L8x.#t.#EMd.#aQv(ICancellableOperationStatus )
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperation.#i5f()
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperationBase.InvokeWithTracker(Action action)
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperation.Invoke()
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.Do(Action , Predicate`1 , Boolean )

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Comments

• Hi, thanks for posting, and sorry you're having trouble.

This error is coming from the underlying TFS layer rather than SQL Source Control itself, however a quick google led me to this. Do you use Norton? If so, one user got around this type of error by disabling it by the looks of it.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software