Options

Apply formatting on commit

simonjmartinsimonjmartin Posts: 15
I would like to be able to auto format anything in a commit, as a means of quickly and consistently laying out all scripts.

Each developer has their own style and layout habits and trying to retrospectively update the entire back catalogue of stored procedures, udf's etc. is a monumental task. So instead I would like to be able to specify that whenever code is committed that it is 'run through a standard SQL Prompt' code organisation. Of course each developer should do this themselves and I know we can share the style definitions but it's "one more thing" to remember, so automating it (or having the option available if the computer has both SQL Source Control and SQL Prompt installed) would be awesome [/i]

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

I have submitted a feature request for formatting to be automatically applied when performing a commit.

I cannot guarantee that the feature request will be successful. Or if approval is given, what future version of the product the requested feature will appear in.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Best Regards
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Simon - this is a great idea. Are there any other checks you'd like done to the code before or while it is being committed?

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software