Emails by Severity

ScottHerbertScottHerbert Posts: 17
edited October 12, 2011 6:14PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I'd like to set up email notifications so that only alerts of HIGH severity are sent.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately you cannot send e-mail based upon just upon the severity of the alert. I can submit a feature request, if you so wish, to send e-mail notification based upon the severity.

You can set up some customization of the e-mail notification details can be found in this link to the HELP article.

Please reply if you wish to submit the feature request.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks Eddie,

I do believe this would be a very useful feature. While I'm aware that you can set up email alerts per alert type, I don't want to be receiving emails every time there's a block or long running query, rather I'd like to be alerted by email in "dire" situations.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your reply.

I have submiited a feature request for the SQL Monitor Development Team to consider, to generate e-mail notifications based upon the severity. The reference for this request is SRP-5153.

I cannot guarantee the success of the request submitted or if approval is given the future version of SQL Monitor it will appear in.

Many thanks for your suggestion.

Best Regards
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks,

In the meantime my solution is to write rules in my email client to automatically delete emails containing the text "Raised - Low"; which is an OK solution but not watertight.

Fingers crossed!