Plans for SSDT (Juneau)

youngcm2youngcm2 Posts: 14
What are the support plans for SSDT (SQL Server Developer Tools) or Juneau?

SQL Prompt is not working in .sql files in VS 2010 with the CTP installed.

Comments

• SQL Prompt works on a connected database, rather than an offline model. It's very possible that SQL Prompt is further ported to Visual Studio (some features already work) but this would rely on their connection model, rather than the offline one.

Of course if there's enough interest in supporting the offline database project, it's something we could consider, especially if Microsoft provides public API access to their schema object model.

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • I agree. I am sorely missing the Format SQL command in offline mode.
  • I also would like to SQL Prompt to work with SSDT.

By the way: DevArt is going to support SSDT in the near future with SQL Complete.
  • @Feraud - Thanks for the request. Which aspect of SQL Prompt would you like to see working, and which specific SSDT feature are you asking for us to support?

Thanks,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • David,
    I too would like to see support for SSDT. I would like to have all features available that are offered in SSMS and VS 2010 with pre-SSDT database projects.
    Thanks
    Bill Soranno
    MCP, MCTS, MCITP DBA
    Database Administrator
    Winona State University
    Maxwell 143
    wsoranno@winona.edu

"Quality, like Success, is a Journey, not a Destination" - William Soranno '92
  • To help prioritization it would help to know which features are most important to you.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • I would like to see format sql, uppercase key words, and Qualify object names first. It was a surprise that SQL Prompt 5 was disabled by SSDT.
  • We've noticed that the installation of SSDT replaces the old SQL query windows with a new kind that SQL Prompt didn't understand. We'll be fixing this in a forthcoming release of SQL Prompt.

Qualify Object Names will require a connection to a server (via SQL Prompt 5 > Connect to Server...). Format SQL and Uppercase Keywords will work without a connection.
    Paul Stephenson
    Project Manager, Red Gate