Waiting on MSQL_XP on 6.5.1.9

ChrisAVWoodChrisAVWood Posts: 361
edited September 6, 2011 10:10AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

Recently we have been upgrading our SQL2005 instances to SP4 build 5266 and updating SQLBackup from 6.4 to 6.5.1.9.

I have noticed a couple of times log backup jobs get hung waiting on MSQL_XP and can sit for days even though a later full or differential backup runs just fine on the same database.

Is there a simple way to cancel/stop the hung job (They are SQL Agent run backups jobs) and other than having Handle.exe in the folder that has SQBCoreService.exe how can I find out what is wrong?

The server I am experiencing this on currently has been upgraded from SQLBackup 5 to SQLBackup 6 and upwards to 6.5 so I have folders C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\(LOCAL) has SQBCoreService.exe and C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup 6.

Thanks

Chris
English DBA living in CANADA

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Pls see this link, and let us know if the stack trace contains something useful, or send the details to our support center (support@red-gate.com).
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Petey,

I don't have the bugreport.txt file so it looks like I will need to run exec master..sqbutility 9997 on the server if I see this again?

I think that I had mentioned that this has happened on teo occasions since we upgraded from what I have seen.

Thanks

Chris
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Can you run
    EXEC master..sqbutility 9997

to check if SQL Backup is able to generate the stack trace file without problems?

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Petey,

I was able to create the bugreport.txt file on that server when no SQLBackup jobs were running.

Chris
  • It's now happending on another server that was upgraded and there is no bugreport.txt file. Looks like I will have to look at all the servers I upgraded and if no bugreport.txt file exists run sqbutility 9997 and see if I get anything the next time this happens.

Chris