eval of SQL Monitor

michael_lewismichael_lewis Posts: 3
edited April 11, 2011 4:39AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Looking at SQL Monitor... only manage a handful of SQL instances so this seems to be the right product at the right price.

But looking at the Alerts is it possible to add additional Alerts. I want to see an Alert fire when new logins, accounts, permissions are granted to users and when objects are created, deleted, altered.

I currently use a server side trace to capture this and associated reports... however my implementation has a 24 hour delay between the change being made and me seeing it in a report and then being able to action it. I would prefer to use a tool like SQL Monitor that could tell me what is happening now. This would allow me to have a more immediate effect on the Dev team.

Comments

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post and feedback.

The current version of SQL Monitor does not have custom alerting. Having said that, we do have custom alerting in our plans. But at this stage we dont know when this will be make into the product.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • I will keep looking at this and other vendor products...

the monitoring as it is now, is useful. However if would be perfect if I could have some custom alerts captured.

Anyway I will look at the other vendor products... but it is hard to beat the red gate price.
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post.

SQL Monitor is currently under active development. We are implementing + releasing new features every few months. We aim to make this the best monitoring tool in market.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software