Issues with Command Line Code in Sql Data Compare 8

jpanicomajpanicoma Posts: 4
I am running Sql Data Compare 8 V8.0.0.832 and I am getting the following message when I run the script below.

Serial Number: 507-001-100750-2C26

Registering databases
Mapping
Comparing databases
Error: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison.

The same script is running in Sql Data Compare 7 with no issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 8"
SQLDataCompare /sync /pr:"C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 8\V8_EverythingbutMeterTransfer_Vornado2.sdc" /f /out:"C:\Output\Vornado_Web_Transfer_2011.txt"

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Can you firstly try the latest patch build and see if it helps? You'll find it here

If not, then first check there are actually differences - if you run that project in the GUI, are there changes shown?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• I installed the update and I am receiving a new message. Also, in the DOS shell it says that the Mode is not recognized.

Serial Number: 507-001-100750-2C26

Registering databases
    Mapping
    Comparing databases
    Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  • Do you still get the same error if you create a new Project file? There may be a slight difference between versions that it doesn't like.

Redgate Software

• Yes I recreated a simple job using the same databases. It works fine in the GUI but I receive the
    Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. message when I run as a script. Note: I can run the same job and script in SQL data compare 7 with no issue. Not sure where to turn from here.
  • James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    It's a little odd that it works ok from the GUI then. Just as another test, can you try running it from the commandline referencing the database directly, rather than the project?

i.e.
    @echo off
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Data Compare 8"
    SQLDataCompare /sync /s1:<server1> /s2:<server2> /db1:<database1> /db2:<database2> /f /out:"C:\Output\Vornado_Web_Transfer_2011.txt"

Just to see if that works or not?

Redgate Software