Options

REQ: Snapshot DateTime in main compare window

tkdennistkdennis Posts: 114
edited July 20, 2010 9:45AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
It would be really nice if you could show the CreatedDateTime of a Snapshot in the main compare screen instead of haveing to go back to the Edit Project dialog.

redgatereq.png

Thanks,
Traci

Comments

• Options
    We'll definitely consider this. Can you let us know how the snapshot creation time will assist you? What is the overall problem you're trying to solve when you're working with snapshots?

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    I was going through a series of snapshots, kept getting interrupted and had to keep checking to see which one I was on.

Thanks,
    Traci
  • Options
    Another reason - it would also make the snapshot "status" stand out a little more than just the camera icon. I'm usually working with live development or test servers, but I've sometimes come back to SQL Compare after being interrupted, glanced at the Server and Database names to reorient, panicked that I had inadvertently accessed a live production database, clicked Edit Project to change it and realized it was a snapshot of production because the Snapshot Source/Target entry pane is very different than the Database one.
  • Options
    Just for your records, this has been logged under ticket SC-909

Thanks,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software