Options

Backup Jobs hang after first database

waynephwayneph Posts: 29
edited July 6, 2010 9:29PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I just recently upgraded SQL Backup to version 6.4 and it is working on two of my servers. However on a 3rd (clustered) instance, the back up job is starting, but never runs to completion.

All of my jobs are for multiple databases. Currently either Include (master, msdb, model) or Exclue (master, msdb, model).

In both cases the first database is being backed up and written to the server's event log, but nothing else happens after that. I tried to look at the SQL Backup logs, but it hadn't yet been created.

One thing I'm going to do is move the SQL Instance over to a different server to see if something went bad in the upgrade on one server, but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas? There are no errors being logged anywhere that I can see.

I am on Win2008 and SQL2008 Enterprise. I installed SQL2008 SP1 at the same time I upgraded to 6.4.
--wayne

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    When the backup hangs, could you please run the following:

EXEC master..sqbutililty9997

This generates a stack trace that's stored in a file named SQBCoreService_<instance name>_bugreport.txt, and is located in 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\' on Windows 2003 and older, and 'C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\' on Windows Vista and newer.

Please send me that file.

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8