Options

SQL Prompt hotkey for BIDS?

CodyCody Posts: 3
edited April 21, 2010 9:59AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm using Business Intelligent Development Studio (for SSRS) which is basically a version of Visual Studio 2008.

I installed the trial of SQL Prompt 4 and it shows in the menu as SQL Prompt 4 and I can go through the options, etc, it's also running the query analyser prompt in the notification icon bar.

But when I open a Data Set properties window, where it shows a long and mangled SQL query string... I can't work out how to get SQL Prompt to reformat it.

If I then go into the Query Designer from there, it doesn't seem to be active in the SQL query string window down the bottom, nor when I switch to "Edit as Text" mode.

I'm thinking perhaps it's not possible, a lot of SQL reformatters don't seem to support these windows for some reason, but some of them provide a hotkey to reformat the current window?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately SQL Prompt does not plug-into or support Business Intelligent Development Studio.

Therefore I have submitted a feature request for the SQL Prompt Product Manager and Development Team to consider adding support for Business Intelligent Development Studio.

I cannot guarantee the success of the feature request and if approval is given, what future version of SQL Prompt will support Business Intelligent Development Studio.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com